Thursday, October 30, 2008

Going under...

Ella's been at the hospital under-going pre-op stuff since 8:45 this morning. Even though she's got people who love and adore her there, she was the least bit thrilled about going. I know she knows she was having more surgery, or in her words, "that stuff that makes me go sleepy and wake up groggy and in pain," because after her morning pee she wasn't given food. Instead, we all walked silently and somewhat begrudgingly to the car. When we crossed the Brooklyn Bridge, the light bulb went off and she began to tremble. She knew where we were going.

Dr. B called at 3:20, and said they were about to move ahead with the procedure. I was told that in the worst case scenario it could take up to two hours, but that no news was good news. That they would wait for her to come out of the anesthesia, check her out and then give us a call. I don't know if that's a gentle way of saying he'd prefer worried and panicked humans not call for updates, but I will respect it. I will sit here watching time go by while hoping and praying that my phone doesn't ring.

No comments: