Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ella's infection...

So a whole five weeks on some God-awful medication intended for swine, and I still can't shake this infection. The great news is, though, that it's not getting me down - I am not nauseous, lethargic and there is no change in my appetite. So I am wondering, how deadly is this "deadly" infection?

There is one more route my people can go to try and rid me of this thing that they shot down the first time and opted instead, to administer the swine medication orally four times per day. (I should add that while I miss eating four times per day, I sure as hell don't miss feeling like poop and being incontinent.)

After a ton of discussion between mom and dad, they opted to give it a try. And so on Monday I began daily injections of Amikaycin. They gave me this antibiotic once before for 12 days, but since I have to be on it for a month this time, and because it is severely tough on the kidneys, I have to have subcutaneous fluids administered as well. And let me just tell you - having needle after needle jammed in your back every morning is no picnic, but it is always accompanied by my people speaking softly to me, as well as a handful of treats, too!

No comments: