Thursday, June 17, 2010

All is well in Ella land...

What can I say? I am a terrible blogger. I might have my legs back, but who says I use them? Just joking, I use them. Just not for typing!

I am happy to report that my staph infection is in the past - for now. To tell you the truth, it was such a tough and long winter on all that medication that I really don't like writing about it, let alone even recalling it. So that's all I am going to say about that.

So what have I been doing? I've been learning how to be a dog! My people are convinced that because of my injuries and the way in which they labored over my care, that I am more human than I am dog. And perhaps they are right. I mean I love other dogs and dog food, but I would much rather be chilling with humans and eating people food. What's so wrong with that?

I have also been getting used to the fact that I am about to become a big sister. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I guess it was inevitable. I always knew this day would come. Lucky for me, I am not the high maintenance pooch I used to be. After all, I am not sure how mommy and daddy would cater to all my needs and that of a newborn baby's!

But hey, I'm not gonna lie -- sharing the spotlight is going to be tough. Hopefully this kid won't throw a fit when I chomp it's Joe's O's out of its hands!

The pic I posted is of me and a new friend at the new dog run at the new park at the base of Atlantic Avenue. Wow, now that's a lot of newness!! Even though it's only a few blocks away mommy and daddy drive me down there a couple of days per week and let me play (supervised of course) with my own species. It's new and nerve racking, but like anything they introduce me to that I am scared of at first, I eventually wind up conquering it!

No comments: