Friday, July 9, 2010

Beach dog in the making...

I just came back from my first vacation. No offense grandmas: Northport and Candlewood Lake are great, but it doesn't compare to a REAL vacay with my people. Now I know where they go when they drop me off to be babysat by you a couple of times a year.

Ella at Navy Beach
It was a long drive out to Montauk but I just adore road trips! Every morning they would open the door to our hotel room and I would go out and sunbathe on the lawn, do my business and then eat a delicious breakfast. Then they would take me to Navy Beach where I would lie behind their chairs and yelp at them when they ventured into that big pool-like thing to take a dip. Of course they tried to coax me in to join them but I wasn't having any of it!

Then they would take me back to our room where I would nap in the AC while they frolicked with their friends on the ocean. They'd spend some quality time with me again in the evenings on the beautiful grounds of our hotel which was adjacent to a marina. I loved watching the boats go by and that day they BBQ'd and mommy fed me vegan sausage from under the table was a memorable one!

One day at sunset they took me to Ditch Plains where they were in some photo shoot with a nice lady named Michele Anthony. I watched the surfers, sniffed the dried up seaweed and romped around with other dogs there that were off-leash.

I am still a little unsure of the whole water thing - hydrotherapy may have scarred me for life - but I think it is safe to say that I am definitely becoming a beach dog!!
Ella at Ditch Plains

No comments: